The November 6th Election is nearing, if elected I will strive to do the following.
- The budget will be paramount. There is going to be at least a three to five percent deficit in the 2013 Budget which must be corrected. We presently enjoy a AAA credit rating; I intend to work to keep that rating.
- The creation of good paying jobs will provide financial growth for our citizens. I will work tirelessly to make adjustments to create the conditions for job creation.
- There is a need for legislators and educators to work together to solve the needs of our students. I will meet with educators, as needed, to resolve their needs within budgetary assets.
- Criminal justice reform is also on my list. This is an area which can bring about savings on some non-violent offenders (alternate sentencing) while making room for the violent offender so that they are off the streets. With careful consideration, we can have savings in this area.
I invite you to ask any question you may have for me.
I am a conservative that will spend your tax money as if it were mine, because some of it is mine.
I have experience serving my community:
- I have lived in this district for 45+ years.
- I am retired from the US Navy.
- I am a member of the Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church.
- I have been a Cub Scout Leader.
- I have been in the GOP leadership.
- I have been elected as a County Commissioner.